Inspired by the hot days of summer, National Book Lovers day and The Ersatz Elevator, the 6th novel in the children’s novel series A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, this refreshing drink is a perfect way to get cool while reading your favorite book on the beach. Plus, it is loaded with Vitamin C, a natural antioxidant that strengthens your body’s natural defenses. Enjoy!
- Club Soda (I used 1 Spectacular Club Soda 7.5oz. can per serving)
- Lime juice (about half a teaspoon per serving, or juice from a wedge of fresh lime)
Parsley simple syrup:
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 cup sugar
- 1cup water
Directions for Parsley Simple Syrup
1. Chop a bunch of parsley coarsely, stems and all, and place it a medium-sized, glass mixing bowl.
2. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the sugar and whisk into the boiling water. Continue whisking till sugar is dissolved.
3. Remove sugar liquid from heat and pour it over your chopped parsley. Stir to incorporate the greens thoroughly. Let cool on the counter (for an hour or so).
4. Strain parsley chunks from syrup using a couple pieces of dampened cheesecloth set over a wire-mesh strainer. Pour syrup into a jar.
5. Store syrup in refrigerator until ready to use.
In 16oz. glass, combine 2.5oz. parsley simple syrup, chilled club soda, and a splash of lime juice- stir gently, then add ice to fill. The reverse will work just as well, filling the glass with ice before liquids. Either way, you’ll want to stir thoroughly, or your syrup will sink to the bottom of the glass.