Wow, what a year 2019 was for awards at OTA and 2020 continues in the same vein. These awards recognize the result of our relentless commitment to continually invest in innovation, to make our education, support and community better and better … indeed, the best getting better … relentlessly.
We were recognized for:
- Our Education & Student Engagement: We have always consistently won awards for the quality of our education and 2019 was no different, with OTA Singapore winning the Apac Insider Singapore Business Award as a “Leader In Investment Education” for the 3rd year in a row. Investing in our educational content, modalities and practice-based learning methods of engaging students is a top priority to lower the educational barrier. You can see all our awards in prior years here in Press Releases & Awards. In 2020, we were named as a finalist by The EdTech Awards 2020 for Innovation in Student Engagement in the Edtech Trendsetter Category. Celebrating its 10th anniversary, the EdTech Digest sponsors this US-based program, which is the largest recognition program in all of education technology, recognizing the biggest names in edtech – and those who soon will be. The EdTech Awards were established to recognize, acknowledge, and celebrate the most exceptional innovators, leaders, and trendsetters in education technology.
- Our Technical Innovations: In 2019 for the first time ever, we were honored to join the ranks of Stevie Award winners. If you aren’t familiar with the Stevie Awards, they were established in 2002 and have quickly become one of the world’s most coveted awards, honoring achievements by business organizations and professionals. We were honored again with a second bronze Stevie Award in 2020. Front and center in winning this award is our technical innovation in CliK, our unique and first of a kind education, analysis and trading platform, which is risk management and student centric. Investing in enabling technologies is a top priority for us to level the playing field between Wall Street and Main Street by lowering barriers to entry.
- Our Culture: In 2019 we were honored to join the Top 10 Best Places to Work for mid-sized companies ranked by the Orange County Register. This was the 6th year running we have been honored and the 7th time in total but the first time we broke through to the top 10. Also in 2019, we were certified for the 2nd year in a row as a national Great Place to Work. Our culture is a top priority for us because we know it translates into our relentless commitment to support our students.
- Our Leadership: In 2019 we were honored to receive the very coveted International Leadership Award from Dale Carnegie Training. The award was established in 1977 and is granted to only one company per year, globally, including Daimler-Chrysler and SAS Scandinavian Airlines, and now OTA. Investing in leadership development is a top priority because we know it translates into culture.
- Our Franchisee Satisfaction: In 2019 for the 3rd year in a row, we were again named a Top 50 Franchise by the Franchise Business Review, ranked in 14th place out of 50 and in 3rd place within the Education business category, all based upon franchisee satisfaction and performance. Investing in supporting our Franchisees is a top priority for us as they are on the front line of supporting our students.
And we’re just getting started! There has never been a more exciting time for OTA. We have a relentless commitment to be setting industry standards so watch this space. Plenty more to come!