Steve Ickow got his start in trading in the Nikkei pit at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
He soon became a full-time trader and has been living the dream of supporting himself and his family through his investments since 2000.
As an Online Trading Academy Instructor, Steve shares his experience and advice as a “singles hitter”. He watches institutional order flow in the equities markets so he can buy where the professionals are buying. He goes for day-to-day consistency instead of home runs and is risk averse. His personal style is to close positions instead of holding them overnight, because then it’s like playing a new ball game every day.
Steve hopes students will leave his classes with knowledge, confidence and enthusiasm for trading. His philosophy is to believe in yourself, follow your plan and always work hard.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Illinois
- Arbitrage Clerk, Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- Trainer and mentor to traders with a worldwide audience
- Competitive Athlete
- Featured in Millionaire Traders, How Everyday People Are Beating Wall Street at its Own Game by Kathy Lien and Boris Schlossberg
- Fitness enthusiast
- Coaches youth baseball and basketball