Copyright © 1998 - 2023 Online Trading Academy | 17780 Fitch Suite 200, Irvine, CA 92614 USA | Toll Free (U.S.): (855) 503-2545
October 1st, 2021
For EU countries, please review our EU privacy notice.
Notice of Collection of Personal Information: We list the categories of personal information that we collect below under Categories of Personal Information Collected. We collect personal information about you for business and commercial purposes as described below under “Information Use.”
Information We Collect
Information you give us: Some of the Services may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes:
- Contact information when registering to use our Services.
- Payment information and associated contact information when engaging in a transaction on our site.
- Email address information when subscribing to our email bulletins.
- Any information or data you provide by interacting in our online forums and chatrooms, or by commenting on content posted on our Services. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Services.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- Information you may submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
- Information regarding your participation in trainings/ educational classes.
- Your image, voice prints, olfactory, and similar information when you participate in any of our recordings and videos.
Information We Collect Automatically: When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use of our site (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
Please see below for more information about how our automatic collection of information works.
Additional Information About Our Use of Tracking Technologies and Interest-Based Advertising
- Site Operations: Enabling features that are necessary for providing you the services on our site, such as identifying you as being signed in, tracking content views, remembering your preferences and the number of times you have been shown an advertisement.
- Analytics: Allowing us to understand how our Services are being used, track site performance and make improvements.
- Personalized Advertising: Delivering tailored advertising based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of the ads.
- Social Media: Enabling the sharing of content from our Services through social networking and other sites.
Below is a list of these partners with links to more information about their use of your data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the third parties who conduct tracking through our Services.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Please note that opting out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
How We Use and Protect Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services, including to take steps to enter into a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, and send service communications.
- To enable additional features on our Services and to provide you with a personalized service.
- To provide you with the best service and improve and grow our business, including understanding our customer base and purchasing trends and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
How We Secure the Information We Collect From or About You
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Our Sharing of Your Information
We may share certain personally identifiable information we collect from you to the following third parties for the described purposes.
- Service Providers: We engage vendors to perform functions on our behalf such as: website, software, and data storage, content management, database management, technical integration, marketing automation, analytics, site optimization, conducting customer surveys, and payment processing.
- Social Media Platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through digital cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
Additional Information About our Data Collection and Sharing Practices
In addition to the information sharing practices described in the previous section, we may also share and use personal information under the following circumstances.
Sharing of Aggregated Data: We may analyze aggregated, de-identified data and share these analyses at our discretion, including with marketing agencies, media agencies and analytics providers.
Combination of Information: We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records.
Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization: We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information in the same manner as described in this Policy.
Cross-border Transfer of Data: If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data.
Your Options and Rights
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you receive from us. If you would like to unsubscribe from any other communications, you can contact us using the information found at our Contact Us page, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. For users who register for a My OTA account, you can change your communication preferences in your account profile.
Your California Privacy Rights
Persons with disabilities may obtain this notice in alternative format upon request by contacting us at email@example.com or calling (866) 939-4958.
California Consumer Privacy Act:
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit the sale of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” to mean “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which we will use those categories of Personal Information. The categories we use to describe the information are those enumerated in the CCPA. In the last 12 months (as of the Last Updated date on this Policy), we have collected the following personal information about individuals who have used our Services:
- Personal and Online Identifiers:
- We collect your name, phone number, and email address and contact address when you create an account or complete a transaction. If you choose to create an account, you will also be asked to create a username, and we will assign one or more unique identifiers to your profile.
- You provide us with payment information, which may be your credit card number or a bank account (if you pay by check), when you complete a transaction. You have the option to store this information to your account or set up a recurring transaction.
- We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services.
- We collect your Device ID automatically when you use our services.
- We may also collect information about your spouse and/or partner.
- Commercial Information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services you have purchased or considered, or purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We automatically collect information about your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with websites, and applications or advertisements when you utilize our Services.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: If you contact us via phone, we may record the call. We collect your image, voice print and olfactory or similar information if you are recorded in a classroom setting during one of our trainings or educational courses.
- Professional or employment-related information: We collect information about your career category/title. If you are a job applicant, we collect information about your current employer and employment history. A copy of our employee privacy notice will be made available to you during the application process.
- Education information: If you are a job applicant, we collect information about the institutions you have attended and the level of education you have attained. A copy of our employee privacy notice will be made available to you during the application process.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We may analyze your preferences through a series of computer processes to make inferences about your age range, education level, and gender. On some occasions, we may add our observations to an internal dataset.
How We Use Personal Information Collected
We may use the information we collect from and about you for the following business purposes:
- To process your orders, contact you concerning the status of an order, answer any of your questions, or otherwise contact and communicate with you;
- To address problems with the Services, our business or our products and services, and to protect the security of our site and our business;
- To help us learn more about our Service users and customers and to improve their shopping experience and our business.
We may also use the information we collect from and about you for the following commercial purposes:
- To provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on our Services, other websites, or direct mail, and to contact you about upcoming sales, promotions, and product information.
Categories of Personal Information Sold
We may share personal information with third-party partners as part of joint marketing and other initiatives. That sharing may constitute a “sale” under California law. In the last 12 months (from the Last Updated date listed at the top of this Policy), we have sold the following categories of Personal Information:
- Personal and Online Identifiers, Commercial Information, and Internet/Network Activity Information.
We do not sell personal information about persons under the age of 16 without their consent.
We may sell the categories of personal information identified above to carefully selected third-party partners so that they may inform you of offers, promotions, and services; including, advertising networks, marketing coops, social networks, data analytics providers, and data brokers.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed
In the last 12 months (from the Last Updated date listed at the top of this Policy, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Personal Identifiers; Internet/Network Activity; Commercial Information; Education Information; and Inferences.
We may share the categories of personal information identified above with our service providers, our franchisees, our business partners, and financial services companies.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold.
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, or sell. In order to process your request to know/access your Personal Information or delete your Personal Information we may ask you to take additional steps to verify your request or identity.
In order to process your request to know about or delete personal information we collect, disclose, or sell, we must verify your request. We do this by:
- Asking you to providing personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously; and/or
- Asking you to confirm your request using the email or telephone number associated with your account.
Right to Know/Access Information
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. We may have a reason under the law why we may not be able to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Right to Information Regarding Participation in Data Sharing for Financial Incentives
You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights.
Right to Opt Out of Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to opt out of any sale of your personal information to third parties. To exercise this right, please visit our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” webpage or call us at (866) 939-4958.
Please note that your right to opt out does not apply to our sharing of personal information with service providers, who are parties we engage to perform a function on our behalf and are contractually obligated to use the personal information only for that function.
How to Submit an Access or Deletion Request
You may submit a request to exercise your access and/or deletion rights through one of two means:
- By filling out a Consumer Data Request Form available here.
- By calling us at (866) 939-4958 or 1-949-608-7424.
You may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. If you use an authorized agent to make a request, we must verify that you have given the agent the authority to make a request. To do so, we may ask you to do one of the following:
- Provide evidence of your signed permission to authorize the agent to make the request;
- Verify your identity with us; or
- Confirm with us that you have provided the authorized agent with permission to make the request.
Special Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sharing of certain pieces of information with third parties. As explained in our “Our Sharing of Your Information” section above, we may share certain personal information with third-party partners for their own uses who help us ensure that you receive relevant marketing, and may share your information with other third-party partners to bring you offers of interest. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to opt out of this sharing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our “Do Not Sell My Information” webpage.
Information for Individuals Located in the EU and Switzerland
We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy. Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities, as described above.
Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to certain rights. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you. These rights include the ability:
- to request from us access to personal information held about you
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- to request that we restrict our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
To submit a request to exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to respond to your request, or respond to it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Changes to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean that you accept those changes.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
Online Trading Academy Corporate Headquarters
Irvine, CA 92614
(866) 939-4958 or 011-949-608-7424
Online Trading Academy takes your privacy seriously. The following privacy notice is intended to provide you (meaning any of our actual or potential students, suppliers, individuals that browse our websites and individuals outside our organisation with whom we interact) detailed information about the privacy of your information and how it's secured on TradingAcademy.com and our community site at community.tradingacademy.com and our App (the "Site(s) and the Service") and any other websites owned and operated by Online Trading Academy Franchise Corporation (together "We" and "Us") and sets out how we collect and process your personal information. This privacy notice also provides certain information that is legally required and lists your rights in relation to your personal information. Personal information is information that identifies an individual. This Privacy Notice is not intended to apply to personal information collected during the recruitment of employees, for which there is a separate privacy notice.
If you are in the UK then your data controller under relevant data protection legislation is Redahead Ltd trading as Online Trading Academy UK (company number 05932913) whose registered address is at Ver House Park, Industrial Estate, Frogmor, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, England, AL2 2WH and references to we and us in this Privacy Notice includes Redahead Ltd (as applicable). If you are in the UK then we are processing your personal information for and on behalf of Redahead Ltd as Redahead Ltd’s processor. If you are outside the UK but elsewhere in the EU then your data controller will be Online Trading Academy Franchise Corporation 17780 Fitch, Suite 200 Irvine, CA 92614. See below for how to contact us.
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effectively immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means including, but not limited to, issuing an email to the email address listed by registered users and posting the revised Notice on this page. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to maintain a valid email address as a registered user, review this site and this Notice periodically and to be aware of any modifications.
Further, each time you use our Site(s) and/or the Service you acknowledge our processing of your information as set forth in this Privacy Notice now and as amended by us. "Processing" means using cookies on a computer or using information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining and disclosing information, all of which activities will take place in the United States.
The OTA Franchise Corporation and our service providers may be, located in the United States. You acknowledge that if you reside outside the U.S., your personally identifiable information will be transferred to the U.S., and processed and stored there under U.S. privacy standards. If you reside in the UK then in connection with such transfers the relevant safeguard in place is the standard data protection contractual clauses between us and Redahead Ltd a copy can be obtained by contacting us using the contact details set out in below. Each time you utilize the Site(s) and /or the Service and are providing information to us, you acknowledge such transfer to, and processing in, the U.S. and you acknowledge that the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in the U.S. may be able to obtain disclosure of that personal information through U.S. laws.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or our use of your personally identifiable information, please contact our privacy officer at or by calling us toll-free at (866) 939-4958 or outside the U.S. at 011-949-608-7424 Or you can contact our representative in the UK, Redahead Ltd as follows:01727 871860.
Why do we gather information?
We gather, use and disclose information that allows us to: provide and administer the products and services that you request and enrolling you in programs you request and communicating with you about your use of our products and services; provide you the optimal experience with the Site(s) and the Service and to help us better understand what products and services you're most interested in.
We also collect your personal information to communicate with you and to manage your User account if you have one. To do this, we collect information that helps us understand your needs and preferences.
We will only use or disclose your personal information for the purposes set out in this notice and as otherwise authorized or required by law.
What type of information do we collect and how is it used?
The contact information we collect comes directly from you.
- A first and last name.
- A home or other physical address, including, street name and name of a city or town.
- An e-mail address.
- A telephone or cellphone/mobile number.
- Information collected via “cookies.” See below concerning your use of our web site and online services.
We may collect this information when you register in our community at myota.tradingacademy.com, complete an Online Trading Academy Membership registration form, sign-up for a Free Half-Day Class, purchase audio or video content from us, or fill out any other form on any of the Site(s) or through the Service or provide such information to one of our Educational Counselors or Instructors. We may also collect information that you provide about others, such as through a refer-a-friend program or on a friend/spouse who may be attending a class or workshop with you.
If you provide information to us about someone else you must ensure that you are entitled to disclose that information to us and that, without our taking any further steps, we may collect, use and disclose that information as described in this notice. You must also ensure the individual concerned is aware of the various matters detailed in this privacy notice, as those matters relate to that individual, including our identity, how to contact us, the way in which we collect and use personal information and our personal information disclosure practices, that individual's right to obtain access to the personal information and make complaints about the handling of the personal information and the consequences if the personal information is not provided.
If you provide us with your postal address, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending us an email at or by calling us toll-free at (866) 939-4958 or outside the U.S. at 011-949-608-7424 or if in the UK at 01727 871860.
Except as specified for the efficiency of use of the community site at community.tradingacademy.com, when you initially provide your contact information to us you will be given the choice of receiving periodic email communications from us or opting out of email communications. If you initially consented to receiving emails from us but would now like to change your preference, please let us know by sending us an email at or by calling us toll-free at (866) 939-4958 or outside the U.S. at 011-949-608-7424 or if in the UK at 01727 871860.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive phone calls from us in the future, please let us know by sending us an email at or by calling us toll-free at (866) 939-4958 or outside the U.S. at 011-949-608-7424 or if in the UK at 01727 871860.
Community. Users who register for our community website at community.tradingacademy.com may receive announcements and administrative messages via email and other types of direct messages as part of this service. These communications are part of the community service and you may not be able to opt-out of receiving them. If you register for membership at the community website, by default your full user name and your profile image (if you elect to provide one) will be visible to other visitors and members of the community site. You may edit your privacy setting to make this information available only with other members you choose to connect with ("Friends").
What is our legal basis?
It is necessary for us to use your personal information to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you and we have a legitimate interest in the providing (or in the case of the UK, assisting Redahead Ltd to provide) goods and services to you.
We also have a legitimate interest in promoting our business and to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best customer service we can to you.
Fulfillment of services.
We collect and maintain personal information that is voluntarily submitted to us during the use of the Sites and/or our Services. We use the contact details which are provided to us so that we can fulfil the supply of services which have been ordered from our Sites. We will use contact information to send you service related communications relating to these orders. This includes your purchase of services, your attendance at events hosted by us (including Redahead Ltd if you are in the UK) and the processing of returns and refunds. We do not store your payment details and all payments you make to us are done via our suppliers of payment processing services.
What is our legal basis?
It is necessary for us to use your personal information to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you.
Business administration and legal compliance.
We use your personal information for the following business administration and legal compliance purposes:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to protect our business and your accounts from fraud and other illegal activities
- to enforce our legal rights;
- protect rights of third parties; and
- in connection with a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
What is our legal basis?
Where we use your personal information in connection with a business transition, enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights of third parties it is in our legitimate interest to do so. For all other purposes described in this section, it is our legal obligation to use your personal information to comply with any legal obligations imposed upon us such as a court order.
What is our legal basis?
Where your personal information is completely anonymised, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the information will no longer constitute personal information that is regulated under data protection laws. However, our collection and use of such anonymised personal information may be subject to other laws where your consent is required.
Where your personal information is not in an anonymous form, it is in our legitimate interest to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best products and services to you and our other customers.
We will only use your location data for customer insight purposes where we have your consent to do so.
Do we share information collected with other third parties?
Again, we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to keeping your information safe and secure. We do not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party for any reason except as noted earlier and as described below:
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- our group companies, and affiliates or third-party processors, agents or contractors who assist in providing support for our internal operations and who may process data on our behalf to enable us to carry out our usual business practices. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that agents or contractors adhere to privacy procedures and will keep your personal information confidential;
- Redahead Ltd (if you are in the UK) as your data controller;
- our PR agency and provider of our customer feedback;
- providers of payment services (such as Authorize.net and Nop Commerce);
- relevant tax authorities in either the US or the UK (as applicable), legal and other regulators or authorities, including those who request your personal data or to report any potential or actual breach of applicable law or regulation;
- external professional advisers such as accountants, bankers, insurers, auditors and lawyers;
- law enforcement agencies, courts or other relevant party, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights;
- third parties where necessary for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties;
- third parties which are considering or have decided to acquire some or all of our assets or shares, merge with us or to whom we may transfer our business (including in the event of a reorganisation, dissolution or liquidation);
- third parties operating plugins or content (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) on our website which you choose to interact with;
- Information that you give us and information about your participation in the Site(s) and the Service may be combined with other personally identifiable information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from our records and other sources.
This information will be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient. This information may also be shared with other marketers to bring you offers of interest subject to your consent.
- We subscribe to Google Analytics which is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). This subscription allows Google to use Information about your participation in the Site(s) and the Service. Google utilizes the information collected to track and examine the use of the Site(s), to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services (such as Google Remarketing and Demographics and Interest Reporting) and to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. The aim of the tracking is to provide customized advertising that reflects your online preferences. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising using Google's Ads Settings or to opt-out of Google Analytics using the Opt-out Browser Add-on. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet and use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site(s).
The information we collect may be disclosed when we are legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website.
You should also be aware that when personal information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, e-mail address, etc.) in the discussion forums or other public areas on the Site(s) or Service, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this privacy notice does not apply to such information. Any submissions to chat rooms or other public areas on the Site(s) are accepted with the understanding that they are accessible to all third parties. If you do not want your comments to be viewed by third parties, you are advised not to make any submissions. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.
How do we protect and secure the information you provide to us?
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. The transfer of confidential information such as credit card numbers and financial data are communicated via state of-the-art encryption. Our Web server and database reside behind a firewall in a secure datacenter with offsite backup and fire protection.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Does this privacy notice apply to other websites that I can link to from the Trading Academy and Community websites?
Our Site(s) contains links to other websites that we do not control. This privacy notice does not apply to these linked websites. Therefore, you should review the privacy notice on each linked website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites.
Accuracy of your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current and we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that this is the case but we do not undertake to check or verify the accuracy of personal information provided by you. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us either by logging onto your account on the website or by contacting us. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal information that you provide to us.
How long we will store your personal information for
We will store your personal information for the time period which is appropriate in accordance with our data retention policy.
Requirements on you to provide personal information
In certain circumstances the provision of personal information by you is a requirement to comply with the law or a contract, or necessary to enter into a contract.
is your choice as to whether you provide us with your personal information necessary to enter into a contract or as part of a contractual requirement. If you do not provide your personal information then the consequences of failing to do so are that we may not be able to perform to the level you expect under our contract with you e.g where we are unable to provide you with certain products or services as we do not have your full details, or where we cannot perform our contract with you at all because we rely on the personal information you provide in order to do so.
If changes are made to this privacy notice, these changes will be promptly posted on our Site(s) and a notice will be posted onto the Online Trading Academy and community homepages at tradingacademy.com and community.tradingacademy.com informing you of such a change. We will also attempt to email notice of the change, but we are not responsible for you receiving the email. You agree to accept posting of a revised privacy notice electronically on the website as notice to you. The effective date of this privacy notice can be found at the bottom of this document.
Our Notice Towards Children
Neither the Site(s) nor the Service are directed to persons under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at . We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 without parental consent. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal identifiable information without parental consent, we will delete such information from our files and terminate that individual's use of the Service.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
Subject to applicable law including relevant data protection laws, in addition to your ability to withdraw any consent you have given to our processing your personal information, you may have a number of rights in connection with the processing of your personal information, including:
- the right to request access to your personal information that we process or control;
- the right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your personal information or, taking into account the purposes of our processing, to request that incomplete data is completed;
- the right to request, on legitimate grounds as specified in law: (i) erasure of your personal information that we process or control or (ii) restriction of processing of your personal information that we process or control;
- the right to object, on legitimate grounds as specified in law, to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have your personal information transferred to another controller, to the extent applicable in law; and
- the right to lodge complaints regarding the processing of your personal information with the Information Commissioner’s Office (if in the UK) or other relevant supervisory body. Please see https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ for how to do this.
Any inquiries or questions regarding this privacy notice should be directed in writing to our privacy officer at .
Last updated 25th May 2018