Get Started with Your Financial Education
Most people who trade options think they can profit by ignoring price direction, which is why most options traders are unsuccessful and lose money.
In this options trading course you’ll learn how to combine our patented Core Strategy with Volatility Analysis for the best options trading approach — offering very low risk, high reward, and high probability trading opportunities.
We don’t just teach the technical tools, we show you how to determine whether an option is overpriced or underpriced at any point and move quickly to maximize your profits!
You'll learn option trading strategies that can be applied whether you intend to make options your primary asset class, or are using options trading as a way to balance and protect your portfolio.
The Professional Options Trader Course combines powerful skill-building lessons, hands-on live market strategy sessions and key interactive exercises.
What you will learn in this course cannot be found anywhere else.
Prerequisites: Core Strategy.
View Course Curriculum
View Course Schedule
Professional Options Trader Curriculum
Course Type: On Location / Online
Duration: 5 days, Days are approximately 6.5 hours/ 10, 3 hr sessions online
Most people who trade Options think they can profit by ignoring price direction; this is why most Options traders are unsuccessful and lose money.
The OTA Professional Options Trader Course incorporates our award winning rule-based market timing strategy with Options, giving you a powerful edge needed for success.
Market Timing is the ability to identify key market turning points and strong market moves in advance with a very high degree of accuracy.
Combining proper market timing with key Options strategies taught in this course gives the Options trader the best chance at success, offering very low risk, high reward, and high probability trading opportunities.
The Professional Options Trader Course delivers this strategic edge by combining powerful skill building lessons, hands on live market strategy sessions and key interactive exercises during this five day course.
What you will learn in this class you will not find anywhere else or read it in any industry trading books.
Why trade the Options markets?
- Long term / Short term Strategies – Options offer unique strategies that allow you to take advantage of long and short term market moves.
These strategies also offer you the ability to profit when market prices are not moving over the short and long term.
- Leveraged Reward on Limited Risk – Options offer the ability to customize strategies, offering leveraged reward with limited risk.
- Portfolio Protection – Options offer this much needed benefit which is a critical part of your financial future.
- Time – Options trading is not time intensive.
- Income Generation – Certain simple Options strategies offer consistent low risk income generation opportunities.
- OTA Core Strategy – Knowing price direction (market timing) is the single greatest edge for the Options trader as your competition doesn't know how to do this properly.
This course is designed for students of all experience levels who are serious about trading like a professional Options trader.
Core Strategy. Online Student Orientation and the Platform Orientation are recommended pre-requisites for this course.
No trading experience is required.
- Each day’s agenda contains 2-3 powerful and fully interactive lectures led by a professional trader combined with multiple live trading and analysis sessions focusing on market analysis and trade execution.
- Maximum 25 person capacity providing individual attention from your instructor.
- Each student is provided a classroom computer where they learn in a hands-on environment.
- Students are provided trading workstations with real time data so they can practice strategy execution while under the guidance of a seasoned trader/instructor.
To clearly understand and properly execute OTA’s rule-based Core Strategy in order to attain short term income and long term wealth.
Detailed Course Outline
- Options Foundation
Learn the building blocks needed to trade options like a professional.
- Global Options Markets
Discover all the Options markets available.
Learn to properly speak the language of options traders.
- IZ-Trades vs. BZ-Trades
Acquire two different techniques to enter and to exit options trades.
- IZ Debit Single-Leg Applications
Study Inside-Zone trades buying one option at the time for a Debit.
- IZ Credit Single-Leg Applications
Study Inside-Zone trades selling one option at the time for a Credit.
- Bracket Orders for IZ Trades
Practice set-and-forget order placement for options.
- The Delta Greek
Discover the first Greek related to the impact of stock movement.
- Multi-Leg Strategies
Understand the net effect when combining options together.
- IZ Debit Multi-Leg Applications
Study Inside-Zone trades using two options at the same time for a Debit.
- The Theta Greek
Discover the second Greek related to the impact of time passing.
- The Vega Greek
Discover the third Greek related to the impact of volatility changes.
- IZ Credit Multi-Leg Applications
Study Inside-Zone trades using two options at the same time for a Credit.
- Understanding Time Value
Understand how options are priced.
Realize the impact of changes of expectation on the options premium.
- Asset-Class Specific Odds Enhancers
Learn a very special Odds Enhancers specific to options trading.
- Analysis Techniques
Understand the dos and don’ts when using analysis techniques.
- Options Selection for Income or Wealth
Learn a process to create a proper watchlist of optionable markets to be traded.
- Position Size
Learn to define the proper position size in order to manage risk correctly.
- Multi-Leg Orders
Practice order placement for options strategies made of multiple options legs.
- Using Options for Long Term Wealth
Discover some applications useful when investing long term with options.
- BZ Credit Multi-Leg Applications
Study Between-Zones trades using multiple options at the same time for a Credit.
- Ten Laws of Trading
Learn a set of rules to be kept safe at all time.
- Margin Requirement
Understand the monetary impact of entering Options trades in your account.
- The VIX
Understand the importance of and how to use the CBOE Volatility Index, popularly known as the “Fear” Index.
- Position Evolution
Learn how to capitalize on profits created by changes of market conditions during the life of a trade.
- Mastering the Mental Game
Discover a very important formula to achieve desired results.
- Trader Tax Strategies
Better Understand some options available to keep your money more efficiently.
- 10 Survival Skills
Learn a set of rules to make sure the trader doesn’t lose too much money while in the process of learning how to trade.
- Final Exam and Graduation