Professional Forex Trader
Forex Trader Online Course also available in ten 3-hour sessions.
Students typically purchase classes in bundles, at a discount rather than classes a-la-carte. Contact your local center for more details.
To enroll in courses, you must first take a FREE Introductory Class.
The most basic factor influencing currency exchange rates is supply and demand. Proper Forex trading is simply a transfer of accounts from those who have not attained the needed edge through proper education, into the accounts of those who have.
This allows the trained Forex trader to apply our simple, rules-based strategy to identify entry and exit points even without access to underlying market research.
At Online Trading Academy we will work to help you learn how to do forex trading.
Each day's agenda contains 2-3 fully interactive lectures led by an experienced instructor combined with 1-2 live trading sessions focusing on market analysis and trade execution.
Prerequisites: Core Strategy.
View Course Curriculum
View Course Schedule
Who You Will Learn From
Our staff of professional instructors is composed of the most dedicated people you will ever meet. They will teach you both Forex trading fundamentals
and advanced techniques like no one else. Each has a unique personality that will keep you on the edge of your seat, waiting
for the next "golden nugget" of trading information.
Course Title: Professional Forex Trader Course
Course Type: On Location, Online
Duration: On Location: 5 Days; Online: 10, 3-Hour Sessions
Forex trading is a serious competition between two sides where there is always a winner and a loser. At OTA we believe that when trading the Forex markets, it is helpful to apply a simple rule based “edge”. At OTA we believe that our “edge” is our market timing strategy. Market Timing is the ability to identify key market turning points and strong market moves in advance with a high degree of accuracy. The Professional Forex Trader Course delivers this strategic edge by combining powerful skill building lessons and interactive live market trading sessions during this five day course.
This course is designed for students of all experience levels who are serious about learning how to trade and invest in the Forex markets.
Core Strategy Program, Online Student Orientation and the Platform Orientation are required pre-requisites for this course.
- Each day’s agenda contains 2-3 powerful and fully interactive lectures led by a professional trader combined with 1-2 live trading and analysis sessions focusing on market analysis and trade execution.
- Small class sizes, generally with a maximum of 22 people, allowing for individual attention from your instructor
- Students are provided a classroom computer and trading platform with real time data so they can practice trading, in an interactive environment, while under the guidance of an experienced instructor.
To clearly understand and properly execute OTA’s rule-based Core Strategy in the Forex markets.
- Forex Foundations - Gain a foundational historical perspective of where foreign exchange began and learn eight powerful reasons why Forex Trading can be an exceptional market to trade.
- Forex Terminology and Market Structure - Become proficient in using unique Forex-related terms and learn how the Forex Markets are structured. You will be taught key concepts and how both traditional brokers and ECN brokers operate.
- Currency Pairs - Two currencies linked together in what is known as a currency pair is the cornerstone of Forex Trading. You will gain a solid understanding of Base Currency, Quote Currency, The “Majors” and Cross Pairs and their notable characteristics as well as important strategic trading action steps based on Supply and Demand.
- Core Strategy Review and Application - This course is built on the foundation of Online Trading Academy’s Core Strategy taught in Core Strategy. In this course you will specifically focus on applying the Core Strategy you’ve learned in the Forex markets.
- Trading Purposes - Explore the different trading styles including daily, weekly and monthly and utilize a decision matrix to identify the trading that is the best fit for you and your trading goals.
- Preparing To Trade - To prepare you to trade the Forex markets, your instructor will outline a solid consistent routine designed to assist you in becoming a patient, focused and disciplined trader.
- Order Types - You will review the primary order types (Market, Limit, Stop Market, Stop Limit and Bracket orders) and learn what these order types are used for and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Live Trading and Analysis - Our live market trading and analysis sessions are a student favorite. Under the guidance and support of an experienced Forex instructor, you will put into practice what you are learning in an interactive fashion from your individual classroom trading workstation where you will use a live trading platform to trade in the Forex markets.
- Multiple Time Frame Analysis - Multiple Time Frame analysis is key to identifying the right trading opportunities. You will utilize three specific chart time frames with purpose and focus.
- Forex Fundamentals - Awareness of news and economic reports is critical to the prepared Forex trader. Using Online Trading Academy’s proprietary tools, you will focus on the most important Forex reports to be prepared for identifying quality trading opportunities.
- Risk Management - Risk Management is one of the seven key components of trading and we believe it’s THE most important. You will continue to develop a proper risk management plan that considers three controllable risk factors.
- Forex Correlations - Global correlations with commodities such as Oil and Gold play a large role in the flow of global capital and international trade. This portion of the course will look at these important correlations and provide trading action steps based on whether the importing market is the base currency or the quote currency and which correlation (negative or positive) to look for.
- Forex Relative Strength - The concept of “Cross Pairs” will be added to your knowledge base and applied in order to measure the strength of an individual currency which helps in determining which are the quality Forex pairs to trade.
- Odds Enhancers - Odds Enhancers are Online Trading Academy’s proprietary scoring system for objectively measuring the quality of trading opportunities and are an important component to what consider “the edge”. This lesson reviews the four Odds Enhancers presented in the Core Strategy course as well as unveils Odds Enhancer #5, “Level on Top of Level,” and Odds Enhancer #6 which focuses on the US Dollar correlation.
- Trade Management - Often the most difficult part of trading is managing the position after you have entered the trade. This lesson will focus on position management through scaling in and out of trades as well as learning exit techniques designed to capture maximum profit with the least amount of risk.
- XLT Live Trading - Extended Learning Track (XLT) is the online program at Online Trading Academy that extends the time our students have with their instructors and their fellow students.
- Live Trading and Analysis - From individual classroom trading workstations, under the guidance and support of an experienced Forex instructor, you will use a high-tech trading platform to trade live in the Forex markets.
- Forex Time Zones - The market responds with repeating price patterns within certain time zones. Forex is open for close to a 24X7 timeframe. You will learn the ebb and flow of various time zones and discover how to identify trading opportunities that reoccur on a regular basis.
- Momentum Breakouts - Momentum trading allows you to participate in a strong market move after it is underway (breakout). Learn the skills to take advantage of momentum moves while still properly managing risk and reward.
- Secondary Support Tools - We believe that Improper use of technical indicators and oscillators are some of the biggest reasons traders fail! Though not the primary tool used in Online Trading Academy’s Core Strategy, when used properly, they can serve as a secondary support tool for confirmation in taking a trade.
- Trade Plan Development - Having a trading plan is key to the professional trader. Trade plan development is a process of taking concepts that have been learned and skills that have been acquired combined with your personal goals, experience and results to create a specific action plan that can help you stay accountable to staying on the path to mastery.
- Live Market Trading and Analysis - You will begin your final day of class with another interactive trading session identifying trading opportunities and executing trades in all the global futures markets.
- Broker Accounts and Regulation - You will be taught key aspects that will help you identify reliable and competent broker organizations using objective measurement criteria.
- Forex Futures and Spot Forex - Trading Forex markets can be done in a number of ways that offer a tremendous amount of flexibility but can also be confusing. We will explain the advantages and disadvantages of both Forex Futures and Spot Forex.
- Mastering the Mental Game - The human mind is conditioned from birth to naturally gravitate toward that which makes us feel good and stay away from that which makes us feel bad. Following this conditioning in the financial markets can be a recipe for inconsistency and losses. This course provides you with the proper tools to handle those natural emotions and control the actions that stem from them.
- Ten Laws of Trading - These ten laws should be a part of every trader's plan and will keep you focused on the right moves.
- Final Self Assessment