Commodity Futures Course
Commodity Futures (2 Days):
Commodity futures agreements, properly known as contracts, are a commitment between buyer and seller for delivery of a defined quantity of oil, copper, wheat or another commodity on a specified date.
Instead of taking his chances in the open market, a farmer might “hedge” with commodities futures agreements to deliver his crops at a specified price because he believes the price will fall.
According to the U.S. Commodities Futures Trading Association, “Hedging helps the economy function by allowing commodities producers (such as farmers) and consumers (such as millers) to conduct their businesses with greater certainty over how much they can expect to earn from and pay for commodities.”
More recently, however, commodities have actually contributed to overall market volatility as rising or falling commodity prices have been linked to the health of the U.S. and global economy.
For example, the drop in oil prices in 2014 had a chilling effect on the stock markets even though it was largely driven by excess supply.
In the Commodities Futures course, advanced commodities traders will learn how they can take advantage of these trends for potential profit.
Increased volatility creates an opportunity for sector traders as well as a hedge for investors who want to offset the effect of unfavorable events in the global economy by investing in commodity futures.
And by focusing on electronically traded commodities indexes, traders can make their futures trading both more powerful and more convenient.
To enroll in courses, you must first take a FREE Half-Day Class.
What You Will Learn
Learn techniques for trading intra (buying a contract one month and selling a contract in the same commodity for another month) and inter (buying and selling two related commodities) spreads.
Learn about cyclical patterns in underlying markets that give you an edge in your trading — including financial futures and interest rates as well as more traditional hard and soft goods.
Commitment of Traders Report
Learn how to analyze the weekly report of long and short interest in three trader categories (large speculator, commercial, small speculator) and how this information can help you make better trading decisions.
Who You Will Learn From
Our staff of professional instructors is composed of the most dedicated people you will ever meet. They will teach you trading fundamentals and advanced techniques like no one else.
Each has a unique personality that will keep you on the edge of your seat, waiting for the next "golden nugget" of trading information.
What Students Are Saying
“Excellent instructor! Excellent class!”
“A must to round your trading skills.”
Course Type: On Location
Duration: 2-Day Course (with Lifetime Retake Option)
Oil, copper, gold, corn and other commodities have significantly increased in volatility in recent years-creating an opportunity for sector traders as well as a hedge for investors who want to offset the effect of unfavorable events in the global economy.
This commodity trading course will teach you the ins-and-outs of the commodities futures marketplace-and how to make your futures trading vastly more powerful and convenient through the use of electronically traded commodities indexes.
You will interact with the Commodities markets with a Trading Professional who will tell you how to do it and show you how to do it.
We will cover different trading styles along with the necessary technical and fundamental analyses required.
Students who are interested in basic trading with a focus on Commodities are prime candidates for attending this course.
It is open to students of all experience levels, all personality types, and all trading styles, who are serious about generating income and attaining wealth in the commodity markets.
- 2-day In-Depth study of Commodity Markets
- Instructor-led classroom, providing an environment for optimal learning
- A community of students participating in an environment where teamwork and support is fostered and encouraged
Upon completing this course you will:
- Master the core foundational concepts including:
- Analyzing broad and sector market and economic indicators
- Selecting Commodities to trade
- Reviewing the potential for market manipulation vs. state of the art efficiency
- Leveraging up to 25:1 plus favorable tax treatment under IRC 1256
- Developing and refining your own commodities trading plan
- Application of additional trading tools to enhance decision making
- Be able to consistently identify low risk/high reward opportunities in the market
- Have a clear understanding of the markets, and time frames that best fit a style of trading to your personality, life style, and risk tolerance
Understanding of basic trading principles or experience in trading other asset classes. Core Strategy is highly recommended but is not required.
- Why trade Commodity Futures?
- Development of the Commodities Contract
- Margin and Leverage
- Volume and Open Interest
- Limit Moves
- Selling Short
B. Participants in Futures Markets
- Clearing Firms
- Commissions and Associations
- Speculators and Commercials
- Risk & Money Management
C. Trading Plans
- Fundamental & Technical Analysis
D. Trade Preparation
- Tools to Identify Trends
- Using Oscillators
- Using Multiple Time-Frame Analysis