This week’s announcements should start to provide some clarity on jobs and unemployment data. Fed Chair, Jerome Powell has said that consumers and businesses should expect to feel some pain. At some point, we expect to see unemployment begin to rise from its historic lows. Tune in for the following:
• JOLTS Job Openings – Tuesday 10am ET
• ADP Non-Farm Employment Change – Wednesday 8:15am ET
• Unemployment Claims – Thursday 8:30am ET
• Unemployment Rate – Friday 8:30am ET
The Reserve Banks of Australia and New Zealand will release rate announcements. If increases are higher than expected, it could create volatility. Mark your calendars:
• Reserve Bank of Australia – Monday 11:30pm ET
• Reserve Bank of New Zealand – Tuesday 9pm ET
It’s a quiet week for earning’s announcements with only 33 companies reporting: Acuity Brands, Lamb Weston Holdings, Helen of Troy, Constellation Brands, McCormick, Conagra Brands, Levi Strauss, Tilray and others.
As always, if you’re in the markets, make sure you have a trade plan.