Sue O’Grady developed a love of sharing knowledge during 25 years in the Navy, where she taught a variety of electronics courses. After retiring, she became fascinated with the financial world through running a family business and later while working for a brokerage. Today, she puts the two passions together as an Online Trading Academy Instructor.
Sue’s favorite asset class is options, where her rules are never to sell a put unless she’s willing to own the stock and never sell a call unless she’s willing to sell the stock. She also uses options as a way to decrease the capital required to make a trade. In her classes, she shows students how they can develop the discipline and confidence to set a similar plan and follow it when trading any asset class.
Sue came to OTA in 2014 because she was attracted by the community and support as well as the superior investing strategy. She says seeing a student’s light bulb turn on when they understand a concept is the greatest feeling in the world.
- B.S. Information Systems, National University
- MBA, University of Phoenix
- Taught Air Search Radar and other courses for U.S. Navy & achieved Master Training Specialist designation
- Owner, family commercial embroidery business
- Financial Adviser, Edward
- Jones Brokerage, USAA, and Merrill Edge
- Student support, OTA Phoenix
- Series 7 and 66 licenses (expired)
- Former insurance agent certified in Life and Health
- CPRC (Certified Retirement Planning Consultant), expired
- Former Certified Wealth Strategist
What Students Are Saying
“The instructor was very knowledgeable and willing to answer accurately any question students asked her.”
“Very informative. Instructor was very knowledgeable, patient and fun. ”
“I did enjoy the program, Sue is a great instructor who made a difficult topic easier to understand.”
“Absolutely enjoyed this program. Sue made options understandable. I wanted to come to class each day. You could really relate to her teaching style.”
“Sue is a great options teacher. She taught the class in a professional way, and in very easy to understand language. Loved her class. She is very patient and explained all the questions I had.”
“Sue was enthusiastic and always willing to explain or answer questions.”