Sue O’Grady developed a love of sharing knowledge during 25 years in the Navy, where she taught a variety of electronics courses. After retiring, she became fascinated with the financial world through running a family business and later while working for a brokerage. Today, she puts the two passions together as an Online Trading Academy Instructor.
Sue’s favorite asset class is options, where her rules are never to sell a put unless she’s willing to own the stock and never sell a call unless she’s willing to sell the stock. She also uses options as a way to decrease the capital required to make a trade. In her classes, she shows students how they can develop the discipline and confidence to set a similar plan and follow it when trading any asset class.
Sue came to OTA in 2014 because she was attracted by the community and support as well as the superior investing strategy. She says seeing a student’s light bulb turn on when they understand a concept is the greatest feeling in the world.
- B.S. Information Systems, National University
- MBA, University of Phoenix
- Taught Air Search Radar and other courses for U.S. Navy & achieved Master Training Specialist designation
- Owner, family commercial embroidery business
- Financial Adviser, Edward
- Jones Brokerage, USAA, and Merrill Edge
- Student support, OTA Phoenix
- Series 7 and 66 licenses (expired)
- Former insurance agent certified in Life and Health
- CPRC (Certified Retirement Planning Consultant), expired
- Former Certified Wealth Strategist
What Students Are Saying
“Sue is a great options teacher. She taught the class in a professional way, and in very easy to understand language. Loved her class. She is very patient and explained all the questions I had.”
“Sue was enthusiastic and always willing to explain or answer questions.”
“Sue, our instructor was very energetic and knowledgeable. She made sure that everyone in the class felt comfortable entering live trades. That ensured we will all be able to trade options when we go home.”
“Sue O'Grady is very fun, easy to understand and entertaining. She made options understandable and engaging all the way through. ”