Patrick Valle has been a licensed professional in the securities industry since 1997. He discovered Online Trading Academy in 2008, at the height of the financial crisis, while witnessing the devastating effects that a market downturn can have on clients’ portfolios. He invested in his “why” by registering for the full OTA curriculum, and ultimately became an Online Trading Academy Instructor.
He believes in the importance of having a detailed trading plan and is passionate about sharing his knowledge from his career in the investment and banking industries to help students understand that trading success comes from hard work, dedication, and discipline. He specializes in using options to enhance the performance of long-term portfolios by focusing on strategies that hedge or eliminate unwanted risk from the stock market.
Patrick and his wife love to travel, and trading gives them the freedom to work from anywhere in the world. He wants to inspire others to success in trading so they are able to realize their lifetime dreams as well.
- BS in Psychology & Business Administration, UCLA
- Equity Trading Risk Analyst, JB Oxford
- Nasdaq Market Maker & Block Trading Specialist, Wells Fargo Investments
- Trade Review Supervisor, WaMu Investments
- Series 4, 7, 24, 55, 63 Licenses (expired)
- Online Trading Academy graduate & Mastermind Community member
- Featured in television special and Smart Money article about students who had used OTA education to become professional traders
- Traders Expo Speaker
- Series 65 License (active)
What Students Are Saying
“Patrick was thorough and extremely patient in going through the course material and explaining a very complex asset class. He really took time to make sure we got our basics down which is essential is moving forward and trading well. Thanks :). ”
“Great teacher! Very detailed and straight to the point.”
“The course was awesome, packed full of information about options and how they relate to OTA's core strategy. The instructor, Patrick Valle, was fantastic. He communicates complex concepts with ease, has a great presentation style, and makes sure his students get what he's talking about.”
“Patrick is a great instructor. He used the methodology of OTA, adding from his own experience and making this session a great tool to help me continue to increase my income.”