Mike Schwartz has been trading since the late 1990s, when he started with options after taking a three-day seminar. He quickly experienced the ‘what do I do when I get home?’ problem with lack of ongoing support and realized that consistency and planning were as important as a trading strategy. This led him to focus on learning the trading process with discipline, proper money management and trader psychology.
With a background in entrepreneurship across a variety of industries, Mike wants his Online Trading Academy students to think of investing as a discipline rather than a hobby. As an instructor, he is passionate about trying to help students avoid the common pitfalls of trading. If you put on a trade in Mike’s class, you need to be prepared to answer the question, ‘what if it goes the wrong way?’.
Mike’s why is the freedom that trading offers to be independent and trade when and where you want. He looks forward to the challenges and opportunities that can be found in the markets every single day.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration and Finance, Boston University
- Marketing and sales positions, for telecommunications companies including MCI and Worldcom
- Small business consulting as a partner in Equity Pier
- VP of operations, Incentra Solutions
- Partner in Companion Life Services
- Board President of a non-profit childcare organization, Portland, OR
- Playing golf
- Working with Entrepreneurs
- Spending time with his wife and two children
What Students Are Saying
“I loved the instructor. He gave life to the material. Reading it though on my own wasn't much help, but after he explained and I went back through the book and it was clear.”
“This is the best class ever. I can’t believe this information is even available. I had the best teacher I could've asked for; he was very clear and taught me everything.”