As a self-employed entrepreneur, Joyce Owens did not have access to the traditional retirement vehicles such as 401(k)s and pensions. She realized that simply working and saving money would not provide the returns she needed, so she started investing in stocks and mutual funds. At Online Trading Academy, she learned strategies to actively manage short term and long term trades.
In her trading, Joyce believes in sticking to the Core Strategy as she sets up her trades and as an instructor, encourages students to do the same. That means analyzing markets and charts for low-risk, high-potential entry points and then placing set-and-forget orders and waiting for the trade to play out. She prefers options on stocks, ETFs and futures because of the leverage and flexibility they offer.
Students in her classes can expect hands-on learning using relevant examples and concepts direct from the charts. Access to practice lab exercises and placing live trades gives students the ability to practice technical skills as well as build confidence.
- Managed her children’s commercial acting careers
- Works with her son as a professional stand-up comedian
- Works at her husband's carpet & upholstery cleaning business
- Exhibits her fine arts paintings
- Enjoys family time, participating in Bible studies, reading, dancing, hiking and connecting with friends