Joe Short made his first real estate investment in 1976, and has been hooked ever since. While employed as an electrical engineer in the 80's, he worked part time as a real estate entrepreneur and learned that finding real estate deals was the key to profit. He soon left the corporate world to pursue real estate investment and acquisition full-time.
As an OTA Real Estate Instructor, Joe teaches his students that finding deals is a process that anyone can learn. He likes to share the technique he calls “Back Door Acquisition” which has the potential to earn returns substantially exceeding market norms.
Both in his teaching and his personal life, he aims to kill the “Stress Monster” without losing his drive. He helps his students remove anxiety and pressure as primary motivators, identify all their positive and beneficial experiences, and figure out how they achieved those successes so they can do them again.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, University of Colorado
- Engineer at Mobil Oil Corporation, New Mexico State University and El Paso Electric
- Real Estate investor since 1976
- Has operated time real estate investment and acquisition businesses since early 1990s
- OTA Graduate in Forex, Futures, Stocks and Options
- Mastermind Community member
- Attracted to OTA Real Estate by instructor Diana Hill and has been an OTA student for more than 4 years
- Believes that most real estate investors give up before they give themselves a chance and is committed to increasing the success rate
What Students Are Saying
“Joe Short's Wholesale class was informative, practical and fun. His knowledge in this field is impressive. His teaching style is engaging and fun, filled with real live examples and stories from his many years in the industry. One of the best classes I have ever taken! Come back soon, Joe!”