Jason Tom served as a senior investment advisor with a leading commercial real estate firm for over 10+ years, specializing in sale and leasing of multifamily, retail and mixed-use property in California’s San Francisco Bay Area. As an OTA Real Estate Instructor, he shares this valuable real-world experience with students following the multifamily and commercial tracks.
Jason previously worked as a business consultant, IT professional and successful owner of his own business. This diverse background, blending industry and market knowledge, helps him advise students seeking wealth through real estate investing. He values OTA Real Estate for its commitment to education and supporting students as they put together their deals.
Jason likes to say that OTA Real Estate is “education for life. We’re not going anywhere. Show me another institution that lets you retake an economics course and doesn’t charge you. But that’s what we do with our lifetime retakes of on-location courses.”
- Bachelor's degree in business/marketing, Sonoma State University
- Master's in business, focus on telecommunications, Golden Gate University
- Senior Investment Advisor, Sperry Van Ness Commercial Real Estate
- National experience with net-lease retail projects
- CCIM (Certified commercial investment Member), a designation earned through knowledge and number of real estate deals
- Member, California Association of Realtors
- Enthusiastic sailor and member of Tiburon Yacht Club