Jamie Guenther began his career in accounting, then became a research analyst at a Chicago investment firm. He steadily rose in his profession over the next 30 years, designing risk-based trading processes and training teams in their use. He is ideally suited to teach Core Strategy as an Online Trading Academy Instructor.
The most important thing for students, Jamie believes, is for them to get moving, practicing the strategies they came to learn. Only through experience will you recognize your strengths and weaknesses and how to identify and adjust your built-in biases.
Jamie’s students can look forward to an efficient and effective classroom environment, thanks to his many years devoted to mentoring new traders over a number of investment cycles. He likes to stress the importance of risk management, always encouraging students to take calculated risks that have a high probability of success.
- BBA, Western Michigan University
- Chartered Financial Analyst, ICFA
- Equities analyst, Duff and Phelps
- Risk Management for reinsurance, Alexander and Alexander
- Built global fixed income platform & trading team, INVESCO
- Built integrated global investment team, Deutsche Bank
- Mentoring global investors in Hong Kong, Melbourne, Tokyo, Seoul, London and Frankfurt
- Built & operated a horse farm in Kentucky
- Coached youth ice hockey
What Students Are Saying
“I really enjoyed Jamie Guenther's presentations. I especially liked getting immersed in trading early and often. I also enjoyed working in consultation with my classmates. Sharing ideas enhanced the learning experience.”