Students lucky enough to sit in on Cathie Morrison’s classes will benefit from a lifetime of experience in teaching combined with the skills of a master trader. She has inspired at every level as a public school teacher, college instructor, technology trainer and owner of a test preparation company as well as Online Trading Academy instructor.
Cathie has traded stocks, Forex and futures, and particularly likes options as a way toward income and wealth. She believes that every student has the ability to succeed, and her role is to help them discover what they want and need, then help them to find their way to that goal.
A lifelong learner herself, she has completed virtually every course in OTA curriculum. What she loves most is that “Online Trading Academy gives everyone the opportunity to achieve what they have always believed they could do."
- Bachelor of Science, University of Colorado
- Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction-Science, University of Missouri
- Public school teacher in Missouri, Maine, North Carolina and Dominican Republic
- Instructor Field Supervisor, University of Colorado
- Technology trainer, Front Range Community College, Denver, CO
- Owned and managed Financial Services company, standardized test prep company, vending route
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Missouri (expired)
- Title One Math Specialist
- Designed and implemented a district wide middle school science curriculum
- Administered and coordinated a school’s Gold Medallion Program (honor’s program)
- STARR teacher Missouri (two years)
- Published several articles for Serene Trader- a weekly trade letter
- NEA Executive Representative
- Has personally completed virtually all courses in OTA curriculum
What Students Are Saying
“Cathie Morrison was the instructor for the ProActive Investor class this week. She has a very calm, teacher's approach to the material and her students. She reinforced multiple concepts, made sure we understood the information and overall did a fantastic job. She is very encouraging and complimentary to the students, particularly as they grasp & master new concepts. I would highly recommend her as an instructor for any class.”
“Cathie made the class very interactive and kept things moving, all while being very patient with those who needed extra assistance. It was great that Matt was able to help out as well.”
“Cathie was a tremendous instructor. She had many different ways to explain things so everyone could understand it. I definitely agree she is instructor of the year.”
“Cathie is a great teacher, very patient and kind! She is passionate about the subject matter and cares about her students. She had us take detailed notes for each step of the process so that we could use them if needed after the class. Her progressive style of teaching allowed me to learn the main concepts before going into the more detailed steps of the process.”
“Cathie is truly an amazing teacher.”
“Great teacher, explains well, very patient & kind.”