Students lucky enough to sit in on Cathie Morrison’s classes will benefit from a lifetime of experience in teaching combined with the skills of a master trader. She has inspired at every level as a public school teacher, college instructor, technology trainer and owner of a test preparation company as well as Online Trading Academy instructor.
Cathie has traded stocks, Forex and futures, and particularly likes options as a way toward income and wealth. She believes that every student has the ability to succeed, and her role is to help them discover what they want and need, then help them to find their way to that goal.
A lifelong learner herself, she has completed virtually every course in OTA curriculum. What she loves most is that “Online Trading Academy gives everyone the opportunity to achieve what they have always believed they could do."
- Bachelor of Science, University of Colorado
- Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction-Science, University of Missouri
- Public school teacher in Missouri, Maine, North Carolina and Dominican Republic
- Instructor Field Supervisor, University of Colorado
- Technology trainer, Front Range Community College, Denver, CO
- Owned and managed Financial Services company, standardized test prep company, vending route
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Missouri (expired)
- Title One Math Specialist
- Designed and implemented a district wide middle school science curriculum
- Administered and coordinated a school’s Gold Medallion Program (honor’s program)
- STARR teacher Missouri (two years)
- Published several articles for Serene Trader- a weekly trade letter
- NEA Executive Representative
- Has personally completed virtually all courses in OTA curriculum
What Students Are Saying
“Cathy is a great teacher.”
“OTA is changing my retirement financial outlook... to the positive. Ms. Morrison approaches the curriculum from a teacher's perspective, and the core materials took on a new level of understanding for me.”
“As a retired teacher, her presentation skills were very good. Her knowledge was also very good, and management style very respectful, while still keeping the class on target and on schedule.”
“Enjoyable, stimulating, informative. Would recommend the teacher to anyone.”
“There was a lot of helpful student instructor interaction.”
“Cathie Morrison is a Super Gifted Teacher for this class! I enjoyed her teaching style, spent lots of time making sure students understood and followed and complex option asset very simply. It was a Treat to have Cathie Morrison as a Teacher for Pro investing class.”