Students lucky enough to sit in on Cathie Morrison’s classes will benefit from a lifetime of experience in teaching combined with the skills of a master trader. She has inspired at every level as a public school teacher, college instructor, technology trainer and owner of a test preparation company as well as Online Trading Academy instructor.
Cathie has traded stocks, Forex and futures, and particularly likes options. She believes that every student has the ability to succeed, and her role is to help them discover what they want and need, then help them to find their way to that goal.
A lifelong learner herself, she has completed virtually every course in OTA curriculum. What she loves most is that “Online Trading Academy gives everyone the opportunity to achieve what they have always believed they could do."
- Bachelor of Science, University of Colorado
- Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction-Science, University of Missouri
- Public school teacher in Missouri, Maine, North Carolina and Dominican Republic
- Instructor Field Supervisor, University of Colorado
- Technology trainer, Front Range Community College, Denver, CO
- Owned and managed Financial Services company, standardized test prep company, vending route
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Missouri (expired)
- Title One Math Specialist
- Designed and implemented a district wide middle school science curriculum
- Administered and coordinated a school’s Gold Medallion Program (honor’s program)
- STARR teacher Missouri (two years)
- Published several articles for Serene Trader- a weekly trade letter
- NEA Executive Representative
- Has personally completed virtually all courses in OTA curriculum
What Students Are Saying
“Cathie was warm, friendly, and very knowledgeable of trading.”
“Cathie Morrison is a great teacher and very helpful.”
“Her presentation was very resourceful and easy to understand. I did not struggle to understand her at all. She is nice and on point.”
“I enjoyed the instructor; she is easygoing and someone that was very interactive with each of us. She did explain the material very well, would answer all questions as best she could to make sense to the class with samples and drawings to get the bigger picture. I really like her style and how she was very informative; it gave us a better feeling on how to proceed from start to finish on our work.”
“The training is detailed, thorough and step-by-step to provide a great understanding of the OTA system and approach to trading. Cathie was great - very caring and knows the material along with her considerable personal experiences in trading and teaching. She was very helpful, thoughtful, and dedicated to making sure everyone understood the material.”
“Cathie was awesome! Her passion and enthusiasm in teaching the new Core Strategy was great and contributed greatly to the learning. I could tell that the success of her students is very important to her.”