To enroll in courses, you must first take a FREE Power Trading Workshop.
To learn the future, study the past. That’s the simple idea behind the complex subject of technical analysis.
Its practitioners, often called “chartists”, use mathematical formulas and visualizations on a price chart to study the performance of a given asset over time, then make buy or sell decisions based on history repeating itself.
There are many technical analysis tools available which can be used on their own, in combination or as confirmation for our supply and demand trading strategy.
This course is designed for Individual Stock, ETFs and Index Futures traders to analyze the market's trends and behaviors in order to classify, distinguish and properly time their trades.
You'll learn to determine the market’s overall direction and then take a position that is harmonious with the market.
The curriculum will be focused around pure price-based technical analysis using the major indices as the forecasting instruments.
Suggested prerequisites: Any on-location course in stocks, options, futures or Forex.
View Course Curriculum
View Course Schedule
Technical Analysis Strategies
Course Type: On Location, Online (both with Lifetime Retake Option)
Duration: 2-day course OR 4, 3-hour sessions Online
Online Trading Academy’s Technical Analysis Strategies course offers traders an opportunity to deepen their understanding of market analysis
and strategy. This 2-day course offers students the knowledge required to build and incorporate key and powerful strategic approaches to the
market, providing them with a solid skill set to attain a superior competitive edge.
This course is designed for Stock, Forex, and Futures traders who wish to add more tools, like conventional technical analysis and specific
technical indicators or oscillators, on top of our core strategy in order to gain an advantage through understanding what our competition is
doing and properly time their trades with clear, rule-based strategies. To hone your skills, you will be challenged to classify and identify
the market’s overall direction and then take a position that is harmonious with the market. The curriculum will use core concepts of trend,
demand, supply, and key supporting tools, focused around pure price-based technical analysis using the major indices as the forecasting
Students of all personality types and trading styles, who are serious about generating income and attaining additional wealth, and are interested
in trading with a focus on using strategies based on technical analysis are prime candidates for attending this course.
- Two Day Class or 4, 3-hour sessions online – In-depth instruction on key indicators, oscillators and strategies on why, where and when to buy
or sell. Discussions will also focus on managing risk and adapting your trading plan.
- Instructor-led classroom or live online instruction providing an environment for optimal learning
- A community of students participating in an environment where teamwork and support is fostered and encouraged
Upon completing this course you will
- Recognize indicators and patterns
- Describe types of analysis
- Select the appropriate rule-based strategy associated with the indicator or oscillator
- Use the strategies demonstrated to gain an edge in reading market indices
- Identify trends in multiple time frames
- Explain how all markets are related via money and time and show how to find the opportunities through multi-market analysis
- Manage personal risk tolerance and other psychological biases
- Prepare for market changes and adapt the trading plan accordingly
Students must complete one of the following prior to attending Technical Analysis Strategies:
- Professional Trader
- Professional Forex Trader
- Professional Futures Trader
A. Review of Supply and Demand
B. Trend Analysis
- Conventional Trend Analysis
- Anticipatory Trend Analysis
C. Multiple Time Frame Analysis
D. Multiple Market Analysis
- Top Down Analysis
- Lateral Analysis
F. Expanded Range Candles
- Basic Candlestick Review
- Advanced Candlestick Patterns
I. Indicators and Oscillators
- Bollinger Bands®
- Moving Averages
- MACD - Moving Average Convergence/Divergence