John Larsen’s experience as a trader and an educator spans over two decades, with an emphasis on equities, futures and options. He has seen action on trading floors and desks around the world, from Chicago, New York, London, Zurich, Geneva and Amsterdam and has been on the leading edge of electronic trading and charting platforms since their inception.
As an Online Trading Academy instructor, John combines a thorough understanding of technical and fundamental analysis with insights into the psychological and emotional mindsets required to consistently achieve superior results. His classes focus on trading fundamentals, risk management, high probability strategies and the trading techniques used by professionals.
Students will benefit from John’s unique take on market activity and an uncanny ability to explain complex strategies and concepts in an easy to understand, plain language format. His passion is helping other individual investors reach their own financial goals.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University
Managing Partner, Chief Investment Officer, Futures and Options, Rock River Trading LP
President-Options Division, Chief Strategist, Software Architect, GlobalTec Solutions
Proprietary Trader, U.S. Treasury Futures and Options, First Continental Trading
Principal/Chief Technical Analyst, Futures and Options Trader, DT Fund Management
Trading Floor Manager CBOT Financial Futures Long Rates Cargill Investor Services
- Former Member Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT)
- Series 3 National Futures Association (NFA) expired
- Series 7 General Securities Representative (FINRA) expired
- Series 63 Uniform Securities Agent (NASAA) expired
- Competitive sailor, veteran of "the Race to Mackinac Island" (The Mac) hosted by the Chicago Yacht Club CYC - the longest annual fresh water sailing race in the world