Students lucky enough to sit in on Cathie Morrison’s classes will benefit from a lifetime of experience in teaching combined with the skills of a master trader. She has inspired at every level as a public school teacher, college instructor, technology trainer and owner of a test preparation company as well as Online Trading Academy instructor.
Cathie has traded stocks, Forex and futures, and particularly likes options as a way toward income and wealth. She believes that every student has the ability to succeed, and her role is to help them discover what they want and need, then help them to find their way to that goal.
A lifelong learner herself, she has completed virtually every course in OTA curriculum. What she loves most is that “Online Trading Academy gives everyone the opportunity to achieve what they have always believed they could do."
- Bachelor of Science, University of Colorado
- Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction-Science, University of Missouri
- Public school teacher in Missouri, Maine, North Carolina and Dominican Republic
- Instructor Field Supervisor, University of Colorado
- Technology trainer, Front Range Community College, Denver, CO
- Owned and managed Financial Services company, standardized test prep company, vending route
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Missouri (expired)
- Title One Math Specialist
- Designed and implemented a district wide middle school science curriculum
- Administered and coordinated a school’s Gold Medallion Program (honor’s program)
- STARR teacher Missouri (two years)
- Published several articles for Serene Trader- a weekly trade letter
- NEA Executive Representative
- Has personally completed virtually all courses in OTA curriculum
What Students Are Saying
“I would recommend OTA to anyone who is really interested in taking control of their own money. Cathie did a great job of covering the material. She was very knowledgeable about the subject matter. She was very patient and answered all of our crazy questions.”
“Any OTA student fortunate to have Cathie Morrison as an instructor has "won the lottery"! She is a true gift to the OTA organization. As a teacher she will make certain you, as a student, grasp the material or concept she is presenting with numerous approaches and examples to assist in the learning process. She is one of the best instructors I've had.”
“This program provided a jolt of energy and excitement and I look forward to my trading future. Cathie is a master of trading with an emphasis on fiscal security. Cathie is a superb instructor who teaches by personal experience, teaches with patience and humor.”
“Cathie is a very thorough instructor that goes to great lengths to make sure the concepts are understood.”
“Cathie Morrison is confident and willing to share her life experiences - both positive and negative. She truly cares about the experience for the students who invested in this course.”
“Cathie Morrison did an excellent job instructing the class. She ensures all understand the material, and she creates an enjoyable learning environment.”