Students lucky enough to sit in on Cathie Morrison’s classes will benefit from a lifetime of experience in teaching combined with the skills of a master trader. She has inspired at every level as a public school teacher, college instructor, technology trainer and owner of a test preparation company as well as Online Trading Academy instructor.
Cathie has traded stocks, Forex and futures, and particularly likes options as a way toward income and wealth. She believes that every student has the ability to succeed, and her role is to help them discover what they want and need, then help them to find their way to that goal.
A lifelong learner herself, she has completed virtually every course in OTA curriculum. What she loves most is that “Online Trading Academy gives everyone the opportunity to achieve what they have always believed they could do."
- Bachelor of Science, University of Colorado
- Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction-Science, University of Missouri
- Public school teacher in Missouri, Maine, North Carolina and Dominican Republic
- Instructor Field Supervisor, University of Colorado
- Technology trainer, Front Range Community College, Denver, CO
- Owned and managed Financial Services company, standardized test prep company, vending route
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Missouri (expired)
- Title One Math Specialist
- Designed and implemented a district wide middle school science curriculum
- Administered and coordinated a school’s Gold Medallion Program (honor’s program)
- STARR teacher Missouri (two years)
- Published several articles for Serene Trader- a weekly trade letter
- NEA Executive Representative
- Has personally completed virtually all courses in OTA curriculum
What Students Are Saying
“Cathie is an excellent instructor. Her passion for her craft carries over into her teaching skills. She clearly cares about her students' success and understanding. Thank you, OTA, for offering and then giving her her role, good move!”
“With Cathie's background in teaching, she turned out to be the best teacher I have witnessed at OTA. She knows teaching and how the mind learns, plus she knows and uses the asset class and PAI style and is a proponent of maximizing your wealth bucket. Exceptional teacher!”
“This was a great class. I learned so much about long term/retirement investing. Actually doing trades in class gives me the confidence to do this on my own. Cathie was a great instructor. She made sure that we were comfortable about a topic before she moved on to the next one.”
“The instructor was excellent - Kathy really helped all of us to understand everything covered in the training. I will start my simulated options next week and hope to feel comfortable to go live by early April. Kathy was fantastic. Very patient, great listener combined with excellent presentation skills.”
“Excellent instructor. Really fun class.”
“Cathie Morrison did an excellent job of relaying her knowledge to us in class. She is clearly very passionate about teaching and working with the student to ensure they understand the material. Well done!”