Anthony Sergi became interested in the markets as a teenager, when he would watch “Wall Street Week” with his father. He remained interested in trading and investing, and as an adult helped his father and later his son build a portfolio. His enthusiasm for the subject has made him a popular Online Trading Academy Instructor.
Through a diverse corporate career, Anthony learned that business success does not always translate to profitable trading. He emphasizes the importance of price and supply and demand levels that can make a mediocre company a better investment than some great companies are. He advises his students to keep it simple, have fun, and control risk and emotions by following a plan.
In an early job as a stockbroker, Anthony saw his clients suffer losses in the crash of 1987 and realized Wall Street doesn’t necessarily have investors’ best interests at heart. This is what motivates him to make sure his students develop the tools to analyze and execute winning trades.
- Degree in Finance and Marketing, St. John’s University
- Corporate positions in transportation, media, real estate as an analyst and mentor
- Nominee for OTA Instructor of the Year Award
- Participant on Power Trading Radio
- Active supporter of several charitable organizations
New Jersey, USA